These add a delicious flavor to shortbread cookies and the eggnog frosting tops it off! These make the perfect peppermint treats. They are great for parties, desserts, or gifts this holiday season.
- cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- cup powdered sugar
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- teaspoon peppermint extract
- tablespoons finely crushed hard peppermint candies (about 6 candies)
- 1In large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. On low speed, beat in flour and peppermint extract.
- 2On ungreased cookie sheet, pat dough into 6-inch square, about 3/4 inch thick. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Heat oven to 325°F. On cookie sheet, lay out cookie shapes in rows 1/4 inch apart.
- 4Bake 28 to 35 minutes or until set and edges are just starting to turn golden.
- 5Remove cookies from cookie sheet. Cool. Frost with icing then sprinkle candy on top.
Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Cup light butter
2 Cups powdered sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon nutmeg
1 Teaspoon maple extract
Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Sign up and never miss a post!
Enter your email address: